This Memory Shark Deluxe was built in December 2018 by Carcharias Effects in Tel Aviv, Israel. It contains the Dirtbaby circuit by Madbean Pedals, which is itself an emulator of the Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man™. According to the Madbean build document:
The Dirtbaby is a PT2399-based delay modeled after the Deluxe Memory Man™. It is an attempt to re-design the DMM™ without the use of the stock MN3005/MN3008 BBDs. While I will not claim the Dirtbaby sounds exactly like the DMM™, it is at least a genuine alternative to the standard PT2399 type delays out there and does manage to cop some of the feel of the DMM™.
This pedal works great on guitar, bass, keys, and just about any instrument that can output to a ¼-inch audio jack.
- LEVEL – The gain of the input section. At maximum it will produce some distortion like the DMM™.
- FDBK – The number of delay repeats from one to many. High levels of feedback will produce self-oscillation.
- DELAY – The total amount of delay from a few ms to about 600ms.
- BLEND – The ratio of dry to wet signal.
- RATE – The speed of the LFO which controls the delay modulation.
- DEPTH – The intensity of the modulation.
- CHOR/VIB – This switch allows you to go between “chorus” and “vibrato” type modulation.
- There is an internal trimmer control which can be accessed by opening up the back of the pedal – it is a blue and white component that can be turned using a flathead screwdriver (see the image to the right). This trimmer lets you set the output volume of the delayed signal, before it is blended back in with the dry signal (via the Blend knob).
- Power: 9V DC, center negative. No battery compartment. This pedal is not battery-powered, because batteries are wasteful, and waste sucks.
I gladly accept returns and exchanges.
Contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back within: 14 days of delivery
I do not accept cancellations on custom orders.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I cannot accept returns or exchanges for custom or personalized orders
unless the item arrives damaged or defective.
Conditions of Return:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Depending on availability, the time I need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For custom builds, please allow 3-4 weeks lead time. For finished builds, please allow 1-2 weeks for processing.
Estimated shipping times:
North America & Europe: 1-2 weeks
I will do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but cannot guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Customs and import taxes:
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I am not responsible for delays due to customs.
Each Carcharias Effects pedal is hand-made by one person in his home workshop who loves making music, and making things that make music. Every purchase you make enables me to continue making more pedals, so your support is very much appreciated. That said, I take responsibility for the build quality of every pedal I make comes, and offer a 24-month warranty on each one, not covering normal wear-and-tear or abuse.
All the PCBs that I sell on this site were designed personally by me, but the fabrication is outsourced to third-party PCB fabrication services. Once they are designed, I order them in relatively small batches. I personally test every batch that I receive; however, as I am a strong believer in minimizing waste, there are cases in which I may sell perfectly functioning PCBs that might have some design flaw. I take responsibility for these design flaws (if any) and will specify their fixes or workarounds in the product's specific build document.
If you should encounter any issues with your product, please feel free to reach out to me via the contact form on this website. As I am based in Israel, I understand the inconvenience added by international shipping, and so I will be happy to assist in troubleshooting with you any problems before resorting to international shipping in case a repair needs to be made.